|Papa's Taco Mia!|
May 20, 2011
Play the game
IntroTacodale, Papa Louie opens his new taco shop and hosts the Taco Eating Contest. Mitch/Maggie camps out in front of the shop to be the first contestant. The other competitors are James and Kingsley. The contest starts and the three contestants must eat as many tacos as they can.
In the later afternoon hours, James gets a stomach-ache while eating a taco and gives up. In the evening, as Kingsley tries to eat his next taco, he starts to sweat and surrenders. This means that Mitch/Maggie wins the contest and a trophy and are unexpectingly also given the shop by Papa Louie.
In this game the player makes tacos. You can unlock all the ingredients and upgrade your shop to increase style and speed and scores. The player must be quick on serving those new, picky Closers (Robby, Akari, Allan, Quinn, Rico, Xandra and Jojo) and show them your wild taco making skills. You can also earn up to 60 Badges while playing the game, unlocked for a variety of achievements including using certain toppings, getting high scores in each station, serving certain customers, as well as many, many more.
List of Customers
Closers are written in italics
Note: Time customers are customers that are unlocked when you don't manage to go up a rank in a day (after Rank 2)
- Taylor (random day customer)
- Tohru (in tutorial)
- Wally (random day customer)
- Rita (random day customer
- Franco (after tutorial)
- Sue (random day customer)
- Vicky (time customer)
- Greg (time customer)
- Bruna Romano (time customer)
- Timm (time customer)
- Lisa (time customer)
- Zoe (Day 2)
- Big Pauly (Unlocked at Rank 2)
- Peggy (Unlocked at Rank 4)
- Nick (Unlocked at Rank 8)
- Kingsley (Unlocked at Rank 10)
- Georgito (Unlocked at Rank 12)
- Cletus (Unlocked at Rank 15)
- Mindy (Unlocked at Rank 16)
- Sarge Fan (Unlocked at Rank 17)
- Olga (Unlocked at Rank 18)
- Hugo (Unlocked at Rank 19)
- Edna (Unlocked at Rank 20)
- Matt (Unlocked at Rank 21)
- Cecilia (Unlocked at Rank 22)
- Edoardo Romano (Unlocked at Rank 23)
- Mary (Unlocked at Rank 24)
- Gino Romano (Unlocked at Rank 25)
- Kayla (Unlocked at Rank 26)
- Maggie/Mitch (Unlocked at Rank 27)
- Carlo Romano (Unlocked at Rank 28)
- Penny (Unlocked at Rank 29)
- Chuck (Unlocked at Rank 30)
- Sasha (Unlocked at Rank 31)
- Roy (Unlocked at Rank 32)
- Marty (Unlocked at Rank 33)
- Tony (Unlocked at Rank 34)
- Doan (Unlocked at Rank 35)
- Clover (Unlocked at Rank 36)
- Alberto (Unlocked at Rank 37)
- Mandi (Unlocked at Rank 38)
- Connor (Unlocked at Rank 39)
- Clair (Unlocked at Rank 40)
- Cooper (Unlocked at Rank 41)
- Prudence (Unlocked at Rank 42)
- James (Unlocked at Rank 43)
- Papa Louie (Unlocked when all customers, including the closers and food critic, have earned the Gold Customer Award)
Bold customers are closers
This is the second game where no one is absent, the first being Papa's Pizzeria.
All the Meats if the Taco Mia! debuts are unlocked.
- Beef (start) (Big Beef)
- Chicken (Day 2) (unlocked with Zoe) (Chicken Champ)
- Pork (Rank 8) (unlocked with Nick) (Carnitas)
- Steak (Rank 12) (unlocked with Georgito) (Steak House)
- Tomatoes (start) (Tomato Time)
- Cheese (start) (Cheese Please)
- Lettuce (start) (Lettuce Lover)
- Pinto Beans (start) (Pinto Prize)
- Guacamole (start) (Guac Attack)
- Onions (start) (Onion Fun)
- White Rice (Rank 2 with Big Pauly) (Rice Wrangler)
- Jalapenos (Rank 5) (Some Like It Hot)
- Peppers (Rank 10 with Kingsley) (Fajita!)
- Black Beans (Rank 11) (Beans, Beans)
- Brown Rice (Rank 13) (Whole Grain)
- Mild sauce (start) (Wild for Mild)
- Sour cream (start) (Cool it Down)
- Hot sauce (Rank 4 with Peggy) (Taco en Fuego)
- Nacho cheese (Rank 6) (Cheese Whiz)
- Verde Sauce (Rank 9) (Go Green)
- Loco Mystery Sauce (Rank 14) (Solve the Mystery)
- Newbie ($100)
- Taco Trainee ($105)
- Tray Cleaner ($110)
- Cashier ($115)
- Part-Time Cook ($120)
- Ticket Handler ($125)
- Order Attendant ($130)
- Line Cook ($135)
- Taco Apprentice ($140)
- Hard Taco Pro ($145)
- Soft Taco Server ($150)
- Pita Pro ($155)
- Taco Filler ($160)
- Tomato Topper ($165)
- Cheese Champ ($170)
- Lettuce Lover ($175)
- Pinto Pro ($180)
- Onion Expert ($185)
- Guacamole Pro ($190)
- Rice Wrangler ($195)
- Jalapeno Master ($200)
- Pepper Fan ($205)
- Sauce Specialist ($210)
- Nacho Squeezer ($215)
- Brown Rice Boiler ($220)
- Black Beans Expert ($225)
- Verde Veteran ($230)
- Loco For Loco Sauce ($235)
- Beef Broiler ($240)
- Chicken Champ ($245)
- Pork Puller ($250)
- Steak Server ($255) 5,000 points till Rank 33.
- Master of Meats ($260)
- Expert Taco Builder ($265)
- Stove Top Champ ($270)
- Spatula Pro ($275)
- Knife Expert ($280)
- Grade A Griller ($285)
- Top Topper ($290)
- Part-Time Manager ($295)
- Taco Shop Manager ($300)
- Tex-Mex Legend ($305)
- Taco Mia! Master ($310)
- Better Than Papa ($315)
New Gameria features
New features that are introduced in this game, and will be used in future Gamerias, are:
- This gameria is the first to feature opening sequence hints. The customer cheering outside the shop will be the first customer, and the customer that pops out from the side of the building will be the second.
- When ordering and presenting, the background shows the outside of the shop, revealing whether it is day, dusk, or night.
- In-game badges that players can earn during gameplay are introduced.
- Closers and the Food Critic are introduced.
- The customers chart is remade.
- Pausing will show the player's day, rank, customer points, tips, and hats.
- Hats are introduced.
- Unlockable ingredients are introduced.
- Customers with higher badges will now order faster.
- Weekly Paydays are introduced.
- Many of the customers get a makeover or new accesories.
- Sometimes, the car that passes the shop at the start of the day is Roy's car.
- The sign on the apartment behind the shop will be an ad. For example: Cletus's Scrapyard, Romano Family Quartet, Quinn, Timm and Associates (now Just Quinn and Associates) or Jojo Blue Ribbon Dining.
- This game and Papa's Burgeria are the only games that have three stations.
- This game and Freezeria are the only Gamerias to have their mini-games changed three times.
- This is the first Gameria where you would see a "Perfect!" word when you get 100% in all stations.
- The customers in this game seems to be less patient than other games, even when your shop is more upgraded.
- The poster for this restaurant appears in all future games. In Freezeria, you can buy it at the Upgrade Shop, but from Pancakeria onward, it's a prize in one of Foodini's mini-games.
- Often it will show the second customer at the start of the day, but sometimes it will not.
- This is the second game, the first being Cactus McCoy, to have the modern Flipline opening sequence and menu layout.
- All of the previous workers make a cameo in the intro (look at the side of the building, and you'll see Roy, Marty, and Rita.)
- This is the only gameria in which a chef is an unlockable e.g. for example if you select Mitch,then Maggie will unlock on a high rank.
- This is the 1st and the only gameria in which the first closer is not local, but the local closers are closers in too many gamerias.
- This is the first gameria that introduces closers and badges.
- This is the last gameria in which the decorations you buy are placed on random areas.
- Quinn is the only local for this game to be a closer in every gameria.
Minigames representing Taco Mia
| Papa Louie Games
Papa Louie: When Pizzas Attack! * Papa's Pizzeria * Papa's Burgeria (HD * To Go!) * Papa's Taco Mia! * Papa's Freezeria (HD) * Papa's Pancakeria * Papa's Wingeria * Papa's Hot Doggeria * Papa Louie 2: When Burgers Attack! * Papa's Cupcakeria * Papa's Pastaria
Other Flipline games
Guppy Guard Express * Meteor Blaster * Rock Garden Deluxe * Remnants of Skystone * The Expendables 8-bit * Steak and Jake * Steak and Jake: Midnight March * Cactus McCoy and the Curse of Thorns * Cactus McCoy 2: The Ruins of Calavera * Jacksmith