Amazonite is a stone which is first seen in the game Rock Garden Deluxe and is unlocked after beating the record on Level 17 which is 01:24.
Trivia and Information
From Rock Garden Deluxe
- This blue-green gemstone is surprisingly not found near the Amazon River (most is found in Colorado).
According to Wikipedia
- The name is taken from that of the Amazon River, from which certain green stones were formerly obtained, but it is doubtful whether this even occurs in the Amazon area.
- Amazonite is a mineral of limited occurrence.
- Formerly it was obtained almost exclusively from the area of Miass in the Ilmen mountains, 50 miles southwest of Chelyabinsk, Russia, where it occurs in granitic rocks.
- More recently, high-quality crystals have been obtained from Pike's Peak, Colorado
- Crystals of amazonite can also be found in Crystal Park, El Paso County, Colorado.
- Because of its bright green color when polished, amazonite is sometimes cut and used as a gemstone, although it is easily fractured.
- Naturally, many people assumed the color was due to copper because copper compounds often have blue and green colors. More recent studies suggest that the blue-green color results from small quantities of lead and water in the stone.